New Year’s resolutions – from sensible to sweet.

In Student Travel and Activities
well put!

well put!

It’s nearly 2014, and we are busy thinking up resolutions for the New Year that will help us transform ourselves into something better, thinner, happier, smarter .

Perhaps the most important New Years resolution is to not make promises you can’t keep. Without such a promise, you are doomed from the start. We at TALK English Schools in the U.S.A. canvassed our students to find out what was on their ‘To Do in 2014’ list. Below are the responses, which we’re sure you will agree cover a broad range of resolutions, from the very achievable and admirable goals to, well, the slightly awkward!

New Years Resolutions – take your pick!

1. visit another continent
  2. tell someone how you feel about them
  3. compliment a stranger
  4. send a message in a bottle
  5. go on a blind date
  6. get a piercingpiercing fish
  7. dine and dash (as opposed to eat ‘n run)
  8. go camping
  9. get out the car and dance at a red light
  10. stare at the ceiling in a very public place, and see how many people will look up
  11. go to New York
  12. go to a third-world country
  13. kiss someone in the rain
    stretching it..

stretching it..

14. don’t eat any junk food for a week
  15. live within your means
  16. advance your English, even after you leave TALK English Schools in the U.S.A.

Here are a few funny New Year’s resolutions from www.hubpages.com. Write your own funny New Year’s resolutions!

I will…

1. start washing my hands after I use the restroom.
  2. stop drinking orange juice after I just brushed my teeth.
  3. stop licking frozen flag poles
  4. keep it to myself that I have trouble with authority when I’m being interviewed.
  5. spend less than $1825 for coffee at Starbucks this year (now, that is TALK English Schools talk!!!)
     why you are broke

why you are broke

6. watch more kitten videos on YouTube
  7. check my work e-mail account at least once this year
  8. lose weight by living on the moon
  9. stop buttering my doughnuts (or whatever is the equivalent irresistible sugary pastry outside the U.S.A.)
  10. only drink on days ending in ‘y’

From all of us at TALK English Schools in the U.S.A. – HAPPY NEW YEAR! We wish you much success and joy in 2014. And hope your resolutions go well.

Leave a Comment

Start typing and press Enter to search