Tears, Triumph and Thanks from a Former TALK Fort Lauderdale Student

In Fort Lauderdale, School Reviews

“I wanted to show my teachers that because of them I was able to get to where I am today” – Sara Varela says a big thanks

Sara wanted to say thanks to her TALK ESL teachers for the part they had played in her professional success

It was an emotional moment.  Sara Varela stood in front of students, staff and teachers at TALK Fort Lauderdale with tears in her eyes.  The last time she spoke in front of such an audience was on her graduation day two years ago.  Today, she had a purpose for going back to the school where she had learnt to her English skills, from beginner level to real proficiency in the language. , which includes being a writer – for an English publication!  Also, she wished to acknowledge them for instilling in her the confidence and work ethic it takes to reach your goals.

Sara recalled times with teacher, Ed Gregory, whom she credits for investing time into helping her grow as a writer, and also thanked her teacher Juliana, who was “so nice and understanding.”  She also mentioned other former teachers with affection, saying: “I owe them a lot because they helped me and taught me a lot of things I use and will continue to use throughout the years.”

Thanks for taking the time to visit us, Sara, and congratulations on all you have achieved!

Recommended Posts