American Short Story And How They Benefit You
A great way to promote learning for any ESL student is by reading short stories in English. Reading is a great way to touch on all aspects of language acquisition. Some things that reading short stories can do for you include:
- Practicing oral skills by reading aloud.
- Essays and stories allow students to see proper structure of sentences and syntax while helping them writing better.
- Improves vocabulary skills while making them easier for students to perform English reading and writing tasks.
Reason for Short Story for Reading Practice
For ESL students, short stories in particular are very important for developing English skills. Not only that but:
- The presentation and subject manner tends to be more engaging.
- Short stories inject more fun elements into reading.
Fiction writers in general tend to be much more experimental in the way that they write which tells a story like a song. This allows students to be exposed and have examples in which they can adapt their own writing. This help students to experiment with phrasing and sentence structure. Literary work also help to provide an interesting and new challenge in comprehension in a much more enjoyable way.
How to Choose Appropriate Material
For students looking to read short stories there are a few things that you can consider to make the right choice for you. These include:
- Keep to relatively new material.
- Don’t choose short stories which are overwhelmingly confusing with words.
- The language should be slightly challenging but not too much so.
- The storytelling should be straightforward with a plot that is easy to follow.
Genres Of Fiction
When it comes to short stories there are many different types of fiction genres that you can choose from. These include:
- Science Fiction
No matter what you may be into when it comes to reading, one sure thing is that you can learn a lot about the English language by reading many different short stories.