Make A Video About Your City With Your Class
With the advancements in technology these days, there are many opportunities to capture a glimpse of your world in a whole new light. For students studying abroad why not see your teacher and ask if you can make a video about your host city with your class. Here are some tips when it comes to creating your city video.
Video Production Tips
- Use your camcorders manual focus.
- At every location set your white balance.
- Keep the sun behind you when shooting outdoors.
- Plan your shoot where you will be starting and where you will be ending.
- For stable images use a tripod.
- For those who don’t have a tripod pretend your camera is an overfilled hot coffee.
- Zoom in before capturing your shot.
- Only move the camcorder when needed.
- Keep each shot an average length of 5-10 seconds.
- Keep shots steady for at least 10 seconds.
Audio Recording Tips
- External microphones are the best if you have one.
- Keep your microphone as close as possible to any subject matter.
- Use headphones while you shoot.
- Try to avoid hand movements on the camcorder.
- For people interviews use a handheld microphone.
- Use a wireless mic to avoid tangles.
- Always keep audio in the back of your mind when finding locations.
- Don’t move the mic when recording.
Video Production Mistakes
- Placing every subject in your frames centre.
- Overusing zoom.
- Staying in the one spot instead of looking at new angles.
- Panning over the scene.
- Shooting everything from the standing angles.
- Taping only a few seconds per shoot.
- Too much light on the background.
As you can see there are many different things you need to consider when producing a video of the city. If you follow these simple tips you can really make your video come alive and make a really great video of your city.