All About Travel: The Facts About Global Travel Today
Deciding to travel the world is often a young student’s first big decision. There are so many different things that you need to consider in making that decision and following it up. Why are you traveling? What do you need to know about traveling alone? Do you need to learn languages to travel the world? Am I ready to travel the world? What will I get out of the experience? Here are some tips for the future global traveller to consider.
Global Travel Facts
- Traveling abroad helps improve your life skills and your problem solving skills.
- 1 out of 8 US jobs depend on tourism and travel.
- Money spent on stuff while traveling abroad makes you much happier than when you go shopping at home! You a collecting memories, so there is not just a material aspect to these items that you covet.
- The benefits of traveling are immediate, starting with a dramatic reduction in stress
- Travel helps to lower depression.
- Travel promotes mental and physical wellbeing.
- Couples who travel together experience more intense feelings of love and intimacy with each other.
- Austria guarantees up to 22 paid vacation days and up to 13 paid holidays each and every year. Luck Austrians!
- Travel makes you better informed.
- Travel makes you more curious, resourceful and creative.
- The most visited country in the world is France.
- The city most visited is Bangkok.
- The only royal palace to be seen in the US is in Honolulu.
- France has the most time zones in the world. They have up to 12 time zones.
- The most sparsely populated place in the world is Mongolia with 4 people per sq. mile.
- On any give day, there are over 61,000 passengers flying across the US mainland.
- Atlanta’s Hartsfield-Jackson airport is the world’s busiest airport.
- Chile’s San Alfonso del Mar resort has the largest swimming pool. It holds 66 gallons of water!
- Las Vegas has more hotel rooms per square mile than any city in the world.