Ten Words that are Difficult to Pronounce
As you learn English as a second Language you will undoubtable come across some words which are difficult to pronounce from time to time. The following are some of these hard words which may take a bit to get your tongue around.
Difficult English Words To Pronounce
- Pronunciation: \ˈkēn-ˌwä, kē-ˈnō-ə\
- Definition: A Goosefoot herb which is a Andean highlands native. This herb is harvested for its seeds which are used as flour and a food that is similar to rice.
- Pronunciation: \ˈgif, ˈjif\
- Definition: GIF means a file format of a computer which compresses and stores digital video images.
- Pronunciation: \ˈȯ-fən, ÷ˈȯf-tən\
- Definition: Often means on many occasions. Many times.
- Pronunciation: \ˈer-ə-ˌdīt, ˈer-yə-\
- Definition: Showing or having knowledge which is learned through study.
- Pronunciation: \ˈyu̇r-ə-nəs, yu-ˈrā-\
- Definition: Uranus is a planet which is 7th in line from the sun. It features a radius of 25,362 km.
- Pronunciation: \ˈse-(ˌ)gwā, ˈsā-\
- Definition: To make a smooth transition from one activity, part, scene or topic to another without any interruption.
- Pronunciation: Wuss-ter-sheer
- Definition: Worcestershire is a small county in England’s West Midlands. A more popular use of the word is seen in the Worcestershire Sauce brand.
- Pronunciation: Kw-eye-er
- Definition: A group of singers that sing together as one.
- Pronunciation: Uh-nem-uh-nee
- Definition: An Anemone is a flowering plant which belongs to the Ranunculaceae family. Some people may also know the word to reflect a sea Anemone which is a predatory unwater animal which represents a plant in the way that it looks.
These are just some of the more difficult to say words which you may come across during your study of the English language. With some practice and a little patience, you too can learn to speak these words fluently in any sentence you put together.