Pick-up lines – the good, the bad and the ugly
Of course, when you come to the United States to learn to speak English, other things are bound to happen. You’re going to be meeting lots of new people, and have opportunities to meet the girl or guy of your dreams. What is the best way to approach somebody who you would like to get to know? Although this is a crude way of describing it, one uses the term ‘pick-up line‘ to refer to a really good opening sentence that is bound to get attention – and laugh.
20 pick up lines to amuse, not offend
Rate these pick-up lines and give them a score from 1 (weak, never use this) to 10 (this will work 90% of the time )
- Do you believe in love at first sight or should I walk by again?
- Do you have a band-aid? (why?) Because I scraped my knee when I fell for you.
- Hey, girl, do you like water, that means you like 80% of me.
- What’s wrong? You’re looking a little sad and gloomy. What you need is some vitamin me.
- Do you have a map? ‘Cause I just got lost in your eyes.
- I must be a snowflake, ’cause I’ve fallen for you!
- Are your legs tired? (No why?) Because you’ve been running through my mind all night
- Somebody better call God, because he is missing an angel
- I’m a thief, and I’m here to steal your heart.
- Are you from Tennessee? Because you’re the only Ten I See!
- I’m trying to rearrange the alphabet so that U and I are together.
- Hey, I lost my phone number … Can I have yours?
- Life without you would be like a broken pencil…pointless.
- Are you accepting applications for your fan club?
- Remember me? Oh, that’s right, I’ve met you only in my dreams.
What are some of the most successful pick-up lines you’ve used/had used on you? And the very worst???