August in San Francisco
August in San Francisco. Although this is officially mid-summer in the USA, August in San Francisco sees relatively mild temperatures. It is peak season for tourists in July and August, but visitors experience temperatures in the high 60’s. Despite the occasional fog and brisk winds, however, the city is energized by numerous street fairs, festivals and special events
August in San Francisco Activities
Here are some of the events and outings that TALK San Francisco has planned.
- A visit to Golden Gate Bridge (of course!)
- San Francisco Giants Baseball game. Although we don’t have the date for this, students will be advised well in advance so that plans can be made to attend this always iconic San Francisco sporting event.
- San Mateo Movie Day. San Mateo is a city in the high-tech enclave of Silicon Valley. Great movie complexes in the city ensure a wide range of the latest and best movie releases that our students enjoy armed with some popcorn and other treats from the concession stand!
- Visit to the California Academy of Sciences. The California Academy of Sciences is a natural history museum in San Francisco, California, that is among the largest museums of natural
history in the world, housing over 26 million specimens. It boasts a world-class planetarium, aquarium and natural history museum. Located in Golden Gate Park, its exhibits include the Rainforests of the World the Philippine Coral Reef, Water Planet, and a roof garden of native plants, podcasts, live penguin cams, and more. The Academy is the oldest scientific institution in the western United States, founded in San Francisco in 1853.
- Golfing Driving Range – Mariners Point. For those would-be golfers or just for fun, a trip to the golfing range at Mariners Point makes for a memorable time for our students. The atmosphere is great, with locals providing welcoming vibes and entertaining banter!
- A Trip to Six Flags An overnight visit to Six Flags Magic Mountain, just north of Los Angeles, is always a winner with our students. Six Flags is a state-of-the-art amusement park with Four roller coasters, scary or thrill rides and fantastic water attractions and rides.
August in San Francisco and surrounds promises to be fun, fascinating and memorable.