Facts About The American Character
The American character is what sets America apart from the rest of the world. There are so many things that the USA is re-known for. The following are some American characteristics and culture facts that you may find interesting.
The American Character Facts
- The USA is the 3rd largest country in the world. It has a population of over 300 million people.
- American’s speak many languages, have many different religions and come in a variety of different skin tones.
- Americans can be extremely individualistic, independent, and like to be their own person.
- Over 66% of Americans are said to be overweight with up to 37% of people being obese.
- Freedom of choice is one thing that all Americans believe in.
- American’s like their persona space.
- 5 million people or 1% of the USA population is homeless.
- Americans can talk easily to anyone who is homeless but are careful and use good judgement about who they will talk to.
- Some cities in the USA have dirty streets.
- Teenagers especially in the USA have tattoos and body piercings while also wearing strange clothes.
- Americans like to follow the rule of law.
- Littering, tagging, graffiti, and loitering are punishable by jail or a fine.
- To drink or buy alcohol in the USA you must be 21 and have an identification card with photo included.
- Discriminating against another person’s ethnicity and religion is against the law.
- Americans call people mostly by their nickname or first name.
- It is illegal in most states to buy cigarettes under 18 years of age.
- Americans smile lots and are able to share personal stories and talk easily with strangers.
- Americans always wait their turn in line no matter how long they have to wait.
- When entertaining, the television is turned off and music isn’t too loud when guests are invited over.
- When friends go out for dinner, it isn’t unusual that each person pays for the others food.