Host A Picnic: What You Should Be Doing
Picnics are fun and a nice way to get together with classmates and to meet other students and enjoy fresh air and nature. You can combine a picnic with an open air concert or just set it up in a park amongst other al-fresco lovers. Ok, so how to organize your picnic:
Host A Picnic Tips
Let People Know
The first thing that you will need to do is let your friends know that you will be having a picnic and what time and day it will be held. Pin a notice on the school notice board.
Details For Your Picnic
Small details really do make your picnic just that extra something special.
- Use white tablecloths (these can also just be sheets if tablecloths are too expensive) on your tables as this will make your outdoor space feel much more elegant.
- Although paper plates and are more sensible, you could get some basket bases for them to make them look more elegant
- To continue the outdoor theme place greenery or wildflowers in vases for that nice seasonal effect.
- Get a couple of ice boxes and of course ice for the drinks.
- To keep your guest’s drink from becoming misplaced use wine glass tags and get your guests to write their names on them.
- Bring a portable sound system and create an energetic playlist which will keep the vibes going strong.
- Put up some umbrellas if you have limited shade.
- If hosting an evening picnic make sure you have some bug repellent on hand to keep those unwanted bugs at bay.
- Have each of your friends bring their own drinks plus a plate of food: a round of cheeses, baguettes, some pate or a hold chicken and for dessert something that doesn’t melt or wilt …. perhaps a nice berry or pecan pie to round off your picnic.
Picnics can be lots of fun, are easy to manage and a nice relaxed way to have a meal with friends.