Fun Facts About Fall To Share With Friends
American’s love Autumn or Fall for its colors and its weather. It is a time when people come together and start to prepare for the upcoming holiday season. Fall in the USA is between September and December and helps us acclimatize to the cold weather slowly as summer say’s goodbye for another year. For those who want to know more about Autumn the following are some fun facts about Fall you may not have known.
Fall Fun Facts
- Fall is one of the 4 seasons also known as Autumn and is the transition from Summer into Winter.
- During Fall many plants stop making food and start their hibernation process.
- Tree leaves transform from green to red, orange, yellow and then brown before they fall to the ground. This is due to the decrease in sunlight and nutrients that they use during this time.
- Fall daylight hours are less due to the days being shorter.
- When fall starts many animals prepare for winter by collecting and storing food in their dens, nest or as fat on their body ready for hibernation.
- Pumpkins are a popular vegetable during Autumn. They are used for soups, pies, and Jack-o-lanterns during Halloween.
- Thanksgiving and Halloween are both celebrated in Fall in the USA.
- Animals grow their coats longer during fall to prepare for the harsh cold during winter.
- The sun is aligned directly in between the North and South of the planet on the first day of Fall. On this day, the day and night hours are exactly the same length.
- On the spring and autumn equinox, it is said that for these two days only you can stand a normal egg on its end.
Fall is a great time for all Americans. If you are living in the USA when fall comes around, why not enjoy some of the activities such as Thanksgiving and Halloween.