Thanksgiving Recipe – Sweet Potato Cheesecake Squares
Thanksgiving is here again…a time to gather with loved ones and celebrate the things we are grateful for in our lives. If you’re anything like me, you appreciate yummy, easy recipes that you can prepare faster than your friends’ Instagram stories take to load. In the spirit of Thanksgiving, I want to share a super duper easy recipe that you can bring to a holiday party and share among friends and family.
- 2 medium sweet potatoes (1 1/2 pounds total)
- 18 graham crackers (9 ounces total)
- 1 cup sugar, divided
- 1 stick plus 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted, divided
- Fine salt
- 1 1/2 cups ricotta
- 1/2 cup low-fat plain Greek yogurt
- 4 large eggs
- Lightly sweetened whipped cream, for serving
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Bake sweet potatoes until tender, about 1 hour. Remove from oven and let cool slightly, then discard skins and mash flesh with a fork (you should have 1 1/2 cups).
- In a food processor, pulse graham crackers until finely ground (you should have about 2 1/4 cups). Add 1/3 cup sugar, 1 stick butter, and 1/4 teaspoon salt and pulse until combined. Firmly press mixture into a 9-by-13-inch baking dish. Bake until crust is dry and set, about 12 minutes. Remove from oven and reduce temperature to 325 degrees.
- Meanwhile, in clean food processor, puree sweet potatoes, ricotta, yogurt, eggs, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and remaining 3 tablespoons butter and 2/3 cup sugar. Pour into crust and bake until just set in center, 30 to 35 minutes. Let cool on a wire rack, 30 minutes, then refrigerate until cold, 1 hour (or overnight). Cut into squares and top with whipped cream.
We hope you enjoy this Thanksgiving recipe!